Thursday 12 September 2013

La Belle Couture

Hope this will find it useful to all brides-to-be researching for La Belle Couture.

There are many bridal studios in Singapore and like all brides-to-be, one of the first things I did was to launch straight into the wedding forums and dig out as many information as I could about the different bridal studios. Most of us would attend bridal fairs, find out the different studio names and head straight home to search the reviews about them, while some would simply hopped from shop to shop at Tanjong Pagar to check out the prices and packages. Through blogs and goggling the reviews for every bridal studio that I came across, after spending hours and days researching, I made up my mind with La Belle.

So....

How did I come to choose La Belle Couture?

Customer Service
In the forums, there were many good reviews though some not so good but they were nothing major or jialat as compared to those others which I read from. I did print screen and show the negative comments to the staff to which they explained how they went to check on the bride and rectify the problems she had. I guess its quite assuring to know they are very determined to resolve issues and aim to have zero complaints. So ladies, any unhappiness, do talk to La Belle, they are really very nice! Don't be scare to talk and share your thoughts or feelings. I was very scared and didn't want to bring up my issue but the more I think about it, the more troubled I felt. Anyways, I am glad I did manage to speak to them after all and happy to say all is well! =D

Coming to bridal fairs, La Belle's staff were not pushy and couples can approach them with ease (well at least I did!). One can sense their sincerity as they show you the albums and gowns, and run through the details of the package with you. They are friendly and patient in answering all my questions and doubts. When you are done, you can happily leave and walked off. No Sweat!! No hard selling, that's a plus point for me!! Don't have to feel so worried, stressed or pressured into signing on the spot.

To give you an idea of how your wedding will be in good hands...

La Belle Couture's FB post


Gowns
I love their gowns because La Belle takes pride in creating their gowns and ensuring that every dress is a winner! Some of the gowns which I loved a lot (photos taken from La Belle FB)





Price and Packages
Throughout the entire period of researching, I emailed previous La Belle couples to ask for their package for comparison. You can also search in forums and find so many people asking for help in sharing of the bridal packages.

Check them out here!
http://www.perfectweddings.sg/forums/labelle-couture-46/
http://www.weddingforum.sg/bridal-packages-boutiques-reviews-17/la-belle-couture-937/

Why are we doing that? Of course to find out the package price, the things to be included so that we can ask for more stuff to be thrown in if we are interested in signing. Basically, it is to ensure we will not be lugee and get the best deal ever.

BUT.. what is the best deal?

I come to realise its not about the price (its pretty standard $3***) and its not about how many things you can ask to be thrown in for free. To La Belle, its about customization. For instance, if there are certain things in the package you don't need, La Belle will deduct them from the standard $3*** (so this explain why some brides got it at a cheaper price) and if you pay the standard price, you really have to think what are the things you want and you negotiate with them (eg. father's jacket, how many corsages you need, etc and again this explain why some packages have more corsages or jackets while others have bridesmaid dress included but maybe no groom's suit). The best part about La Belle is they are super flexible and willing to negotiate with you to suit your needs. During my negotiation, I requested for a lot of things because I thought the more the better, but that is not the case!! I was quite greedy and I realised actually there are some things I could do without and hence I exchanged for things which I really need. La Belle was also very nice in explaining to me certain things and helping me to understand why can't they throw in certain perks which is very important because it shows they are very upfront and sincere in what they are doing. For instance, I wanted a lot of poses, but was not given because they explained poses/photos is one area where they can generate revenue. I respected that and left it at the maximum which they can give. Well they need to earn also right and where else can they earn from really?? They are very upfront and tell you honestly that the maximum applies to all couples because its the service and experience they want to offer. This I like! It means all customers will roughly get the same deal and no one special couple will be given VIP treatment. All fair!

So my conclusion? You have to give and take, and understand how La Belle works. Some studios can offer you good prices, lots of poses and free stuff but they give you lousy services in return. Some can promise you so many things but their gowns are limited and some experienced wedding woes when it comes to MTM gown. Of course there are studios better than La Belle but they come with a hefty price tag. For example, there is another bridal studio which I like because their gowns are absolutely stunning but sadly I don't have the finance to allow me to sign with them. In the end, I think all experiences differ from couple to couple. It is really about knowing what you want and customising it to your needs!

Scare that the gowns are small? That's my biggest concern but look here...

Gowns which I tried...

 I managed to try the gown which I loved! Thought I would look fat but it makes me look so slim! 
Awesome! =D

I don't really fancy using "plus size" to describe my body built but I was relieved when I went to their shop to take a look at the array of gowns and tried a few for a feel. FYI, I am a UK 14, both top and bottom. Some gowns were really nice but I couldn't fit in (they were the zippers gown) but for gowns that requires tying the back or Victorian dresses, I fit in nicely and I really love it!

Gowns I like while doing my hotel scouting

Lots to read but hope it helps. Please refrain from asking me to share my package because like I mentioned earlier, know what you want and negotiate for it. The best package is not about how many free stuff you can get but it is really what you need on the wedding day itself and how you customize the package. Want to get the best out of the best deal? Sign up with them during BOWS then. The perks and offers given during perks were amazing! I am so glad and lucky if you might add to get the BOWS offer.

Oh good news for those who have friends getting married. Recommend your friend to La Belle and you get $50 shopping vouchers! If I am not wrong, recommend 5 and above you get a VIP membership. I tried recommending to a friend's friend but too bad she found her studio. =( There goes my chance.

Why am I taking the trouble to writing this?
I am sick of wasting my time reading page after page from the forum of ladies asking to share their package. Though some were nice to share and were very important in my initial step of planning and understanding, I am thankful there are some who blogged about La Belle but the information were not exactly what I want. Things I learnt about bridal studio is customizing your package, read the forum for reviews before committing and most importantly go sign up with bridal studio during bridal fairs. That is when you can participate in lucky draws and get extra perks thrown in (eg. extra poses, free photo frame, French gelish manicure, etc).

Wishing all potential brides happy planning and really hope my sharing helps in your planning and decision making too!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I just had my gown selection on last monday. Tried the first white gown too. The last picture with the poofy purple gown is my chosen evening gown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Penny! Hope you have a great time with La Belle and share their makeup artist/coordinator. =)

    ReplyDelete